Robert C. Gardiner, M.D.
Dr. Robert Gardiner is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in adult hip and knee reconstruction and replacement. He joined Dickson-Diveley in 1992. He performs total hip replacement, total knee replacement, partial knee replacement and complex revision surgeries.
Dr. Gardiner earned his medical degree at the University of Kansas. He completed a fellowship in hip and knee surgery at the world-renowned Rothman Institute at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, and he is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. Dr. Gardiner served as the team physician for the Kansas City Blades Hockey team from 1992 to 2001.
In addition to the traditional surgical approach, Dr. Gardiner was one of the first physicians in Kansas City to test and utilize robotic-assisted hip and knee replacement for his patients. He has dedicated considerable time and effort to the development of the orthopedic program at St. Saint Luke’s South Hospital where he has been the medical director since 2009. He oversees the running of this state-of-the-art program dedicated to providing the community with the highest quality care including the utmost attention to the needs of the patients.
- Knee and hip replacement
- B.S. Pharmacy, University of Kansas School of Pharmacy, Lawrence, KS
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City, Kansas City, MO
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Missouri-Kansas City Affiliated Programs, Kansas City, MO
- Hip and Knee Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery