Mark J. Winston, M.D.
Dr. Winston joined Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics after completing his hand and upper extremity fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. During his time in New York, Dr. Winston provided upper extremity care for the New York Giants, New York Mets, New York Rangers and New York Knicks professional sports teams. He also trained with some of the top leaders in hand and elbow surgery.
Dr. Winston completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison in 2015. He was selected as the Administrative Chief Resident and was recognized by the American Orthopedic Association as an Emerging Leader in Orthopedics. He earned his medical degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) in 2010 after completing the university’s rigorous, six-year combined Bachelor of Arts and Doctor of Medicine program. He graduated with the highest distinction from both programs and he was selected to the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Medical Honors Society. During his time at UMKC, he also played on the varsity tennis team.
Dr. Winston grew up in Green Bay, Wis. and has been an avid tennis player his entire life. During high school, he was a four-time individual state tournament qualifier and ranked No. 2 overall in the state of Wisconsin. He was also an assistant tennis coach for a local high school team during his residency. In addition to tennis, Dr. Winston enjoys outdoor sports and activities, traveling, and spending time with his family.
With his patient's care and well-being as his top priority, Dr. Winston is dedicated to partnering with his patients to develop individualized treatment plans best suited to their needs.
- Hand & upper extremity injuries
- Sports-related injuries
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Missouri—Kansas City, Summa Cum Laude
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Missouri—Kansas City, Summa Cum Laude
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison (Administrative Chief Resident 2014-2016)
- Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship, Hospital for Special Surgery/Weill Cornell Medical College, New York
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Wisconsin State Medical Society
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons