Charles E. Rhoades, M.D.
Dr. Rhoades is the senior Hand & Upper Extremity surgeon of the Dickson-Diveley Midwest Orthopaedic Clinic. His areas of clinical expertise are Shoulder surgery, Hand & Upper Extremity surgery, and Athletic Knee injuries. He is a native of Kansas City and joined the Clinic in 1984 after completing an orthopaedic residency at the University of Kansas Medical Center and a Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship at the University California, San Diego.
Dr. Rhoades was President and CEO of the Dickson-Diveley Clinic for 24 years from 1988-2012. He organized the creation of the Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute (KC’s only specialty hospital dedicated solely to orthopaedic surgery) and has been its CEO since 1998. He has lectured and presented nationally on the topics of hand surgery, shoulder injuries, knee injuries, medical group management, specialty hospital organization, hospital/physician joint ventures, electronic medical records, and internet applications to medicine. He served as a Team Physician for the Kansas City Royals from 1986-2010.
Academically Dr. Rhoades has published many articles on orthopaedic surgery. He is a Clinical Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at UMKC, Clinical faculty of the University of Kansas Medical Center, Examiner for the American Board of Orthopaedic surgery, and member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Orthopaedic Association. He has served as President of many organizations, including the Dickson-Diveley Midwest Orthopaedic Clinic, Saint Luke’s Hospital Medical Staff, and Missouri State Orthopaedic Association.
He is active in the community as a Boy Scout leader, Philmont Scout Ranch Medical Staff, JayDoc Free Health Clinic Volunteer, Summerfield Scholar at KU, Trustee for the University of Kansas Endowment Association, and St. Agnes Catholic Church member. He enjoys teaching, snow skiing, water skiing, flying, hunting, flyfishing, woodworking and farming.
- Injuries to knee, shoulder, hand, wrist, and elbow
- Joint replacement of shoulder, elbow, and wrist
- ACL repair of knee
- Bachelor of General Studies in Life Sciences and Humanities, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Internal Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery, University of California-San Diego, Veterans Administration Hospital, San Diego, CA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery