Charles E. Rhoades, M.D.
Dr. Rhoades is the senior Hand & Upper Extremity surgeon at Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics. His areas of clinical expertise are shoulder surgery, hand and upper extremity surgery, and athletic knee injuries. He is a native of Kansas City and joined the clinic in 1984 after completing an orthopedic residency at the University of Kansas Medical Center and a Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship at the University of California, San Diego.
Dr. Rhoades was President and CEO of Dickson-Diveley during 1988-2012. He organized the creation of the Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute (KC’s only specialty hospital dedicated to orthopedic surgery) and has been its CEO since 1998. He has lectured and presented nationally on the topics of hand surgery, shoulder injuries, knee injuries, medical group management, specialty hospital organization, hospital/physician joint ventures, electronic medical records, and internet applications to medicine. He served as a Team Physician for the Kansas City Royals during 1986-2010.
Academically, Dr. Rhoades has published many articles on orthopedic surgery. He is a Clinical Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at UMKC; Clinical Faculty member of the University of Kansas Medical Center; Examiner for the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery; and member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Orthopaedic Association. He has served as President of many organizations, including Dickson-Diveley, Saint Luke’s Hospital Medical Staff, and the Missouri State Orthopaedic Association.
He is active in the community as a Boy Scout leader; member of the Philmont Scout Ranch Medical Staff; JayDoc Free Health Clinic Volunteer; Summerfield Scholar at KU; Trustee for the University of Kansas Endowment Association; and St. Agnes Catholic Church member. He enjoys teaching, snow skiing, water skiing, flying, hunting, flyfishing, woodworking and farming.
- Injuries to knee, shoulder, hand, wrist, and elbow
- Joint replacement of shoulder, elbow, and wrist
- ACL repair of knee
- Bachelor of General Studies in Life Sciences and Humanities, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Internal Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery, University of California-San Diego, Veterans Administration Hospital, San Diego, CA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery