Brian J. Divelbiss, M.D.
I joined Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics in 2001 and have served as President and CEO of the group since 2012. I enjoy being a hand and upper extremity surgeon because of the significant impact I can have on a patient’s quality of life. It’s very satisfying to see a fracture or tendon injury that you can repair and help return the patient to his or her previous level of function. It’s about problem solving. I take a look at the problem, we work through the diagnosis and discuss all their options, and we collectively make the decision together as far as what’s going to be best for them. I see my role, first and foremost, as an educator.
- Hand, wrist, elbow, biceps tendon rupture, and some shoulder problems
- Provides non surgical treatment of Dupuytren's contracture
- B.A. Biology & Natural Sciences, Westmar College, LeMars, IA
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- Transitional, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA
- Army Flight Surgeon Program, Ft. Rucker, AL
- Staff General Medical Officer, Emergency Room, Ft. Riley, KS
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Hand and Microvascular Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery