Orthopedic Braces and Splints
For your convenience, Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics provides access to braces, splints and other durable medical equipment (DME) on-site. In many cases, one of our DME specialists can fit you soon after the doctor prescribes the use of DME.
Uniquely, we have DME specialists at both our Leawood and Plaza locations to perform on-site custom fittings. Most patients don’t even have to leave the examination room – our DME specialist comes to you!
Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
Our DME selection includes:
- Crutches and walkers
- Custom-fitted and prefabricated splints and walking boots
- Air-pump walking boots
- Wooden shoes for foot surgery and other foot conditions
- Custom-fitted and prefabricated knee braces
- Off-loading braces for arthritic knees
- Post-operative cold therapy units
- Casts available in a variety of colors
- Wrist braces
- Elbow wraps for tennis elbow
- Ankle wraps
- Toe spacers
- Shoulder slings
- Assorted back braces
We accept most insurance plans. However, please remember to verify coverage with your insurance provider prior to ordering and fitting items, as coverage for DME varies and may involve an out-of-pocket cost to the patient.