C. Lan Fotopoulos, M.D., a board-certified interventional physiatrist, is featured in the July/August 2021 edition of Healthy Kansas City magazine. In the article, which is titled “Healing, Comfort & Hope Meet Modern Technologies,” Dr. Fotopoulos explains how minimally invasive procedures like Spinal Cord Stimulation, Vertiflex®, Dorsal Root Ganglion Stimulation, Radiofrequency Ablation, mild® and others work to relieve chronic pain from a wide variety of causes. To learn more, read the full article online and view the following videos.
Other Healthy Kansas City articles featuring insights from Dr. Fotopoulos include:
- Spinal Cord Stimulation to Treat Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Vertiflex® Superion® to treat back pain caused by spinal stenosis
- Physiatry’s role in the treatment of back, neck, hip, shoulder and knee pain
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Minimally invasive lumbar decompression (mild®) for mild to moderate spinal stenosis
- Radiofrequency ablation for back pain, knee pain, headaches and more
- Minimally invasive treatment options for compression fractures
- The complexities of pain and benefits of physiatry
For more information or to make an appointment, call 913-319-7600.
The medical information contained in the Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics website is provided to increase your knowledge and understanding of orthopedic conditions. This information should not be interpreted as a recommendation for a specific medical or surgical treatment plan. As each patient may have specific symptoms or associated problems, the treatment regimen for a specific patient may not be the proper treatment for another.
Gaining knowledge and understanding of a particular problem or condition is the first step in any medical treatment plan. We believe the information presented on our website will be helpful for those individuals experiencing hand and wrist diseases, injuries, or other related problems. However, this information is not intended to replace the advice of your family physician. You are encouraged to consult with your physician to discuss any course of treatment presented or suggested.