C. Lan Fotopoulos, M.D., a board-certified interventional physiatrist with Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics, is featured in the September/October 2018 edition of Healthy Kansas City magazine. In the article, Dr. Fotopoulos explains how physiatry—also known as Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation—can help patients experiencing back, neck and other types of pain after injury. He also gives an overview of physiatry’s history, from its roots in World War II to the cutting-edge treatment options available today.
Get to know Dr. Fotopoulos in the video below:
Other topics featuring insights from Dr. Fotopoulos that have been covered by Healthy Kansas City include:
• Physiatry’s role in the treatment of back, neck, hip, shoulder and knee pain
• Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
• Minimally invasive lumbar decompression (mild®)
• Radiofrequency ablation
• Minimally invasive treatment options for compression fractures
• The benefits of spinal cord stimulation
• The complexities of pain and benefits of physiatry
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Fotopoulos, contact our office.