At Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics, we strive to be an employer of choice and an exceptional place to work. We attract highly qualified medical specialists, experienced administrative staff, and energetic clerks and medical assistants who enjoy working in a fast-paced office setting.
If you fit this description, submit your cover letter and résumé or CV. If we select you for an interview, we will notify you and ask you to submit an in-office application at that time. Thank you for your interest!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Women, Minorities, Disabled and Protected Veterans. Our current job openings include:
Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics is seeking a Practice Administrator for its vibrant, growing group in the Kansas City metropolitan area. The right candidate will join us in building on our 100-year commitment to patient care, teaching and clinical research.
With 14 subspecialized orthopedic surgeons and two PM&R physicians, our private medical group is among the largest orthopaedic practices in Kansas City. We are an employer of choice for many reasons, including a competitive compensation and benefits package for the Practice Administrator.
Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics has two practice locations. Our KCOI office is located in Leawood, Kansas, a Kansas City suburb widely recognized for its first-class residential neighborhoods, beautiful parks and excellent schools. We are also in the medical offices of Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City, a tertiary care/teaching hospital and Level I Trauma Center located near the iconic Country Club Plaza of Kansas City, Missouri.
The Kansas City metropolitan area rates as one of the Midwest’s most livable cities, with a population of 2.1 million people across nine counties in two states, Kansas and Missouri. The metro area offers a professional symphony, a professional ballet, major art and history museums, and access to undergraduate and post-graduate degree programs through seven universities and colleges. An eclectic mix of restaurants and bars create a lively night life, while professional teams in baseball, football and soccer, as well as a NASCAR track, provide year-round sports and entertainment options. To discover more of what makes Kansas City a great place to live and work, go to visitkc.com.
Practice Administrator Recruitment
3651 College Blvd
Leawood, KS 66211
Job Title: Practice Administrator
Immediate Supervisor Title: CEO/Managing Partner
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: All non-provider managers and employees
General Summary: An exempt, executive management position responsible for leading, planning, organizing, and directing operations in all departments of the clinic.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Works with the CEO/Managing Partner, Executive Committee, and Board of Directors to:
- Develop and implement the clinic’s vision, mission, and strategic plan.
- Develop and implement the clinic’s operating policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with the clinic’s Administrative Team and all of its non-provider employees.
- Ensures the financial viability of the clinic by developing and implementing a transparent financial control system to replace the current financial reporting system.
- Develops and updates the clinic’s organizational design for maximum operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment, high-quality patient care, and superior customer service.
- Oversees the clinic’s daily operations. Leads the Administrative Team and makes effective use of delegation and employee empowerment.
- Builds on the clinic’s overall marketing program and works with each subspecialty and physician to strengthen referral relationships and generate new business.
- Coordinates work projects, service contracts, and supply agreements undertaken on the clinic’s behalf by outside advisers, consultants, and vendors.
- Ensures the clinic’s compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies.
- Continually monitors operations, programs, and physical properties. Initiates appropriate changes.
- Assists in representing the clinic in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies, and third-party payers.
- Negotiates contracts with managed care plans and ensures the clinic’s long-term financial stability.
- Responsible for the efficient execution of the monthly Board Meeting to include development of the agenda, distribution of meeting materials, and presentation of the financial data and other operational reports.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the CEO/Managing Partner or Executive Committee.
Education: Master’s degree in health care administration, business administration, or public administration.
Experience: Seven years of executive-level experience, including three years of experience in health care administration.
Other Requirements: Licensure or ability to obtain licensure when background credentials warrant that such is required.
- Thorough understanding of the health care environment.
- Specific knowledge of finance and financial control systems, marketing, human resource management, government regulations and reimbursements in health care.
- Specific knowledge of policies and procedures to manage operations and ensure effective patient care.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve clinic’s mission.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, interpreting, and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing work, delegating, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Ability to identify trends and motivate workforce toward changes needed to adopt and remain competitive.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and change.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with staff, government officials, and the public.
- Ability to plan, organize, and integrate priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve operational problems.
- Ability to evaluate and make recommendations for continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to guide management in its responsibilities while maintaining commitment to effective team functioning.
Front Desk Registrar
Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics has an opening for a full-time Front Desk Registrar. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A willingness to serve our patients with care and compassion
- A commitment to support our doctors
- A desire to contribute as a key player on a high-performing team
Requirements include: excellent customer service skills; welcome and greet patients as they check-in for appointments; ask patients to update demographics, patient forms, and explain and collect office co-payments and outstanding balances. Skills needed include competency in MS Office applications and ability to learn to use an electronic medical records system.
Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics offers a rewarding work environment along with a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply for this opening, please send a copy of your resume and a list of at least three professional references to:
HR at KCOI
3651 College Blvd.
Leawood KS 66211
Fax: (913) 319-7664
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Women, Minorities, Disabled and Protected Veterans.